Introducing the first ever Louis 649 ANYONE CAN BE A MIXOLOGIST Consumer Cocktail Competition
“Anyone can cook!” said Remy and Chef Gusteau in Ratatouille.
While we don’t welcome rats behind our bar, we do welcome our guests since we believe at Louis 649 (www.louis649.com) that, “Anyone can be a mixologist!” And we’re letting you put this theory to the test in our first ever Louis 649 Consumer Cocktail competition.
This is your chance to shine. Anyone and everyone who sits on the other side of the bar is encouraged to tap into their little bar chef within and submit a delicious cocktail recipe. Bartenders need not apply; this contest is strictly for you loyal bar patrons.
It is of course a competition, and with all competitions come a prize! The winning cocktail of Louis 649’s first “Anyone Can Be A Mixologist” Consumer Cocktail Competition will be highlighted on our upcoming Spring Menu and credited to you. The winner will also receive a much coveted Plymouth Gin Bartending Kit (www.plymouthgin.com), a 1-Year Subscription to Imbibe Magazine (www.imbibemagazine.com) and a $100 Gift Card to your friendly neighborhood Louis 649.
Recipe Submission Guidelines:
1) Submission DEADLINE is April 18th
2) Send all recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) With submission, please include a detailed recipe with measurements, the type of glass to be used, whether the drink should be served “up” or over ice, whether it is meant to be stirred or shaken, your full name, email address, phone number, current city, and your occupation.
4) Be creative, but not over the top. Please remember, we have to make this cocktail all Spring.
5) You must use one of the following spirits as your base ingredient:
– Beefeater Gin
– Bercherovka Herbal Liqueur
– Chivas 12yr
– Jameson Irish Whiskey
– Luksusowa Vodka
– Martell Cognac
– Pernod Absinthe
– Plymouth Gin
– Ramazzotti Amaro
– Ricard Pastis
6) All other ingredients are up to you, but refer back to Rule #4
On April 21st, ten semi-finalists will be invited to Louis 649 to prepare your cocktails in front of a panel of bartenders who will then decide the winning cocktail based on criteria the recipe’s creativity, ease of preparation, flavor and balance.
Cheers and Good Luck!