Because we’re gung-ho on competitions that aren’t just the same old same old, we’ve got two fun ones coming up for you.
Part I – Waterlogged
If you’re going to be in New Orleans for Tales of the Cocktail (www.talesofthecocktail.com) 10th anniversary installment of this memorable (well, most things you do you’ll want to remember) annual event, you’re going to want to stick around at least until midday on Sunday when Solerno unveils the Mr. Solerno Swimsuit Competition:This One’s for the Ladies. (www.grantusa.com/index.php?q=brands/innovation/solerno)
Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur just may have you blushing at this year’s Tales of the Cocktail and talking about the raucous event that will be sure to go down in Tales of the Cocktail history. Solerno has asked (ahem, yes, occasionally coerced) a group of the industry’s funniest, most outrageous and courageous male bartenders to battle it out in a competition that will combine quick wit, cocktail skills, costumes, shenanigans (perhaps a bit of interpretive dance?) and … yes …. your favorite boys in their bathing suits, naming one winner “Mr. Solerno 2012.”
The first annual “Mr. Solerno Swimsuit Competition!” will be hosted by your emcee for the day – Miss Jackie Patterson, the National Ambassador for Solerno on Sunday, July 29th from 12pm to 2pm at the Hotel Monteleone pool, as a precursor to the now legendary Milagro Pool Party.
Each gentleman competing will be coached and hosted by a proud “Pageant Mom.” The Pageant Mothers, likewise, are a collective of the industry’s best and brightest female bartenders. These ladies will coach their wards to rock the catwalk and answer the judges scintillating interview questions, while each Mama creates a Solerno-based, frozen blender cocktail. This is a poolside competition after all.
The judging panel consists of four of the industry’s most discerning minds in male physique and frozen blender mixology (Yeah, we have no idea what that means either. Just go with it) who will quiz, comment, sip, judge and ultimately add a few surprises of their own before determining a winner. This is an afternoon that promises to be filled with hard bodies, tan beer guts, frozen drinks, Solerno (obviously), a feather boa or 12 and an absurd amount of fun.
Don’t miss it!
To enter, follow this link
1. The team with the most “likes” on their entry is guaranteed a place in the competition.
2. Both competitors must already be attending Tales of the Cocktail 2012 in New Orleans and be present on Sunday, July 29th, 2012.
3. The frozen Solerno cocktail must contain no more than 7 ingredients, and may not include any homemade ingredients, that includes syrups, tinctures, bitters or liqueurs.
4. The frozen cocktail must contain at least 1 ounce of Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur.
5. When considering other ingredients for the frozen cocktail, please be mindful of the William Grant & Sons portfolio of premium spirits: Hendrick’s Gin, Milagro Tequila, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Glenfiddich, The Balvenie, Lillet, Tullamore Dew, Stolichnaya, Reyka Vodka, Art in the Age Liqueurs, Hudson Whiskey.
6. We are looking for the most delicious, frozen, Solerno focused, poolside beverage.
7. Please do not post any nude photographs, keep it classy my friends.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.This Contest is organized and conducted by William Grant & Sons (“the Organiser”).
2.This contest commences at 3:00pm on 8 June 2012 and ends at 12:00am on 6 July 2012, running for a period of 5 weeks.
3. Participants will submit one photo & recipe.
4. Grand final judging will be announced the week of July 9th.
6. Eight people will be entitled to win once.
7.This contest is only open to all residents of The United States (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees and the immediate families of William Grant & Sons (“the Organiser”), are ineligible to enter or claim a reward.
Conduct of This Contest
9. Winners are determined by Willima Grant & Son’s’s discretion (100%).
10. Winners will be notified on the Facebook wall.
11. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable, and not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other item. All winners shall accept prizes as they are and subject to any terms and conditions to the prizes. William Grant & Son’s makes no representation, warranty or undertaking whatsoever as to any implied terms and conditions with respect to the prizes in this Contest. William Grant & Son’s assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever in respect to defect or deficiency of the prizes or the nature/consumption of the prizes and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
12. Any prize not won or unclaimed by July 9th will be forfeited. The winner whose prize has been forfeited or unclaimed is not entitled to any payment or compensation from William Grant & Son’s not withstanding non-receipt of notification that he/she is a winner.
14. The decision of William Grant & Son’s on all matters relating to or in connection with this Contest (including selection of the winners) will be final and binding on all parties concerned.
15. William Grant & Son’s may, at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice, vary, modify, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions and may also withdraw or discontinue this Contest at any time without notice or liability to any party.
16. William Grant & Sons shall not be responsible for any breaches of contract or any actions or omissions on the part of suppliers nor be liable in any way to any party for any loss or damage arising in connection with this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to any delay in processing of applications, error in computing, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment and any notice which is misdirected or lost in post.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by USA law.