Restaurant group seeks bar manager/bartender in the nation’s capital
You definitely weren’t anywhere near this building on January 16, 1919 when Congress passed the 18th amendment, outlawing alcohol and effectively beginning the era we fondly refer to as Prohibition.
But you may be near this building on December 5, 2010 to celebrate Repeal Day with your fellow bartenders and cocktail fans.
However, if one night of revelry celebrating the 21st amendment isn’t enough and you are looking for the opportunity to stay close to the Capitol building and make sure those politicians never pull a stunt like that again than apply for this bar chef/mixologist/chief mixologist job in DC and you can keep your eye on things.
Restaurant consultancy Vucurevich Simons Advisory Group (www.vsag.com) is currently looking for a Bar Chef/Mixologist/Chief Mixologist to join their team in DC. The ideal candidate will:
• Be an expert bartender with extensive liquor, wine and beer knowledge
• Have experience in cocktail R+D (both for a pre-prohibition bar AND other types of cocktails)
• Be able to populate manage a beer and wine list at three popular DC farm-focused concepts
• Manage said bar program (including costing and control)
• Recruit and train bartenders
• Have excellent communication and training skills
• Be willing to work closely with a creative team
• Be willing to work hands-on behind a bar
• Be based in DC (or willing to move there)
Valerie Zweig, Director of Branding and Communications says, “There is excellent growth potential within our growing restaurant consultancy, a competitive salary structure, educational opportunities and freedom to create your own cocktail program through new avenues.”
All resumes should be sent directly to Valerie at: Valerie@vsag.com.